Free for Audible newbies!
Talent Is Practice in Disguise
The Three Kinds of Practice
- Samskar: Extreme sports wizard Shane McConkey absorbed a lot from a very young age.
- Tiger Woods shows the results of just goofing around as practice.
- Helpful video about deliberate practice.
- What do Einstein and Jordan and a whole host of other greats have in common? Failure.
- A myelinated nerve, irl. Embiggened thousands of times and colored.
Motivation Is Like Breathing (it's required)
- Justin Timberlake on sticking to your goals and ignoring any humiliation along the way.
- Steven Kotler and some amazing extreme athletes on video talking about the power of a flow state.
- Daniel Pink's animated talk about how focus on mastery is WAY more powerful than external rewards. http://is.gd/rabatu
- Researcher Angela Duckworth found that “grit” is more important than talent in achieving success. Check out her talk about grit.
- “Daily” Dale Webster surfed every day for a full lunar cycle—10,407 days—through illness and storms. Daily Dale’s story.
- Put your goal out there, and upload your video progress in 10-second snippets at GiveIt100.com
You are Unique (and so is everybody else)
Your Secret Beliefs
- Trevor Ragan's superb summary of Carol Dweck’s work on mindsets.
- Learn more about the power of placing blame.
- Learn about the mirror neuron system in your brain.
Time: The Most Valuable Thing You Can Spend
The 10,000-hour Red HerringGood Morning, Sunshine
Where You At?
Under the Influence
- Learn from Nicholas Christakis how your friends can change your behavior.
- Find a class on just about anything on Lynda.com
Do it To it
Check Yourself Before You Wreck Yourself
- Coach's Eye: The great app for comparing and notating and sharing video for improvement.
- Lars Anderson's incredible archery skills can be seen here.
- Chelsea Williams rips it up on the longboard.